Four Executive Promotions Announced By Rosenblatt
Lester Rosenblatt, chairman of the board, M. Rosenblatt & Son, Inc., the worldwide naval architectural and marine engineering firm headquartered in New York, recently announced the appointment of Douglas J.
Yuengling to the position of assistant vice president and director of marine engineering; Charles M. O'Brien to assistant vice president and director of ship design; Robert C.
Umberger to assistant vice president and director of program management; and William J. Corcoran to assistant vice president and comptroller, all at the Washington Area branch office.
Mr. Yuengling's responsibilities encompass propulsion plant, auxiliary systems, and electrical and electronics systems. Prior to joining M. Rosenblatt & Son in 1972 as assistant office manager, he was a senior engineer with Burns & Roe, Inc.; program manager at Curtiss Wright Corporation; and staff engineer at Vitro Laboratories. His earlier naval career, spanning some 21 years, included repair, conversion, maintenance, overhaul, inspection, and all phases of design on a wide variety of naval ships. Mr. Yuengling is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and holds an advanced degree in mechanical engineering from the Naval Postgraduate School.
Mr. O'Brien joined the firm in 1976 as a project engineer and progressed to director of advanced ship concepts. His new responsibilities will embrace hull systems and all aspects of naval architecture. He served 21 years with the U.S. Navy during which he managed nuclear submarine overhauls, was ship design manager for submarine design, and was planning and estimating superintendent for surface ship and submarine overhauls. His education includes graduation from the U.S.
Naval Academy and advanced degrees in naval architecture and naval engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Since joining Rosenblatt in 1976 as a project engineer, Mr. Umberger became assistant branch manager and director of ship hull engineering.
He will be responsible for management of all special programs, including field office activities in Norfolk and Philadelphia.
He brings with him 20 years of Navy experience covering shipyard construction, modernization, and contract administration supervision as well as destroyer design and personnel management. He is a Naval Academy graduate and holds an advanced degree from Webb Institute of Naval Architecture.
Mr. Corcoran's responsibilities include cost estimating for new contracts and fiscal management of the Washington Area Branch. He joined Rosenblatt in 1975 as contract administrator.
Prior to this he was head of the branch for workload planning at Boston Naval Shipyard, and was technical data project officer for implementing Navy data management policy at Naval Material Command. He is a graduate of Northeastern University.
Other stories from May 1984 issue
- Lucian Q. Moffitt, Inc. Acquired By BFGoodrich page: 4
- Ritter Joins NMS Shipyard Division As Sales Rep page: 5
- Free Color Brochure Introduces New Stal Refrigeration Plant page: 5
- Eastern Marine Awarded Contract To Construct Auto/Passenger Ferry page: 6
- Valmet Forms Subsidiary In Houston To Serve U.S. Offshore Industry page: 6
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Annual Dinner-Dance Scheduled For June 16 page: 6
- Marinette Marine's $7.1-Million Ship Erection Building Nears Completion page: 7
- Stewart & Stevenson Inc. Appointed Distributors For M W M Series 500 Engines page: 7
- Kone To Build Multipurpose Double-Boom Crane For Port Of Jacksonville page: 7
- Nickum & Spaulding Announces New Executive Appointments — Philip Spaulding Named Chairman page: 7
- New $27.9-Million NKS Plant In Mexico Will Supply Heavy Steel Forgings And Castings To Shipyards And Industry page: 8
- Color Brochure Offered Free From HITCO page: 8
- Newport News Lays Keel For USS Newport News (SSN 750) page: 8
- Marco Seattle Signs Contract To Build All-Steel Workboat page: 10
- Double Naming Ceremony Held At Far East Levingston Shipbuilding page: 10
- Volvo Penta Duoprop Now Available For Workboat Applications page: 11
- Delta Announces Three Appointments page: 12
- Rockwood Introduces New Ball Valve Line — Literature Available page: 12
- World's Biggest Syncrolift Now In Service At Todd's San Pedro Yard page: 12
- Diversified Capabilities Offered By Port Allen Marine Service page: 12
- Harry S. Ford Promoted To Vice President At Autronica page: 14
- Blackmer Pump Offers New Full-Line Catalog page: 14
- SNAME San Diego Section Hears Paper On Sheathing Hulls With Copper-Nickel page: 14
- Marine Safe Electronics Offers Free Literature On 'Fail-Safe' Line page: 14
- Mar A d Awards Cooperative Research Contract To Seaworthy page: 15
- Prock Appointed Vice President/General Manager For Foss Alaska Line page: 15
- Moss Point Marine Launches First Of Two Utility Boats For Argosy page: 15
- POSIDO MIA 5 14 page: 16
- 1984 RTCM ASSEMBLY page: 16
- OTC Begins Study Of HP's Response To Wave Forces page: 19
- Hagglunds Cranes Ordered For Rapid Deployment Force MSC Vessels page: 20
- Isotta Fraschini S.p.A. Awarded Navy Contract page: 22
- Management Changes Announced By Hyundai page: 22
- Navigation & Communications Equipment page: 22
- Le Blanc Joins Moss Point Marine As Director Of Sales And Marketing page: 24
- Edo Awarded $11.4-Million Increase To Navy Contract For Sonar Modifications page: 24
- Ship Structure Committee Publishes Six Technical Reports page: 24
- Mueller Steam Specialty Introduces Basket Strainer — Literature Available page: 25
- Marine coatings & corrosion control page: 26
- PIMA Hosts New York Luncheon On Behalf Of British Shipbuilders page: 43
- Peter Goetz Appointed General Manager Of Electro Dynamic page: 43
- First Marathon Super 300 Jackup Now Drilling In Gulf Of Mexico page: 44
- Anixter Bros. Publishes New Buyers Guide Of Products For Business Communications page: 44
- U.S.-Based Repair Service Introduced by Cityvarvet AB page: 45
- Sternwheeler Landing Queen Delivered By Walker Marine Yard page: 46
- J.L. Konopasek Announces New Organization page: 46
- New Filter Media Offers Greater Protection Against Abrasive Wear page: 49
- New Non-Asbestos High- Temperature Valve Packing Developed By John Crane — Literature Available page: 49
- Krupp Atlas Elektronic Introduces Four New Advanced Radars page: 49
- Mueller Steam Specialty Introduces Duplex Strainers — Literature Available page: 49
- First Of Five RO/RO-Containerships Delivered To ACL By Kockums Yard page: 50
- Bulk Carrier Century Hope Delivered By Mitsui To Hong Kong Owner page: 50
- Saab Control Systems Ordered For Wilhelmsen Product Carriers page: 50
- New Emergency Marker Lights Introduced By ACR Electronics page: 52
- Seminar In New York Introduces New Heavy-Fuel M.A.N.-B&W Engine page: 53
- Hyundai Shipyard Delivers Three Barber Blue Sea Line RO/ROs page: 54
- High-Speed Catamaran Crewboat Delivered By Fjellstrand page: 55
- Omnipure Sanitation Devices Certified By Denmark — Literature Available page: 60
- Foster Wheeler Names Somerville Director-Equipment Business Development page: 61
- Four Executive Promotions Announced By Rosenblatt page: 61
- PBM Introduces New Line Of Valve Manifolds — Literature Available page: 67
- U.S. Navy Solicits Suggestions For Improving Pump Specification page: 67
- New Rope Catalog Available From Samson page: 67