MMFG Announces Major Changes For Duradek Fiberglass Grating
Morrison Molded Fiber Glass Company (MMFG) of Bristol, Va., recently announced that major changes in Duradek® fiberglass grating have recently been made to improve and upgrade the product and make it more readily available to the customer.
Over one million dollars' worth of the new product is now in stock and can be shipped within 48 hours to a customer anywhere in the country.
Duradek is manufactured by the AFC Division of MMFG located in Chatfield, Minn. The changes to Duradek are described below.
A surfacing veil is standard on all ARC gratings (including polyester grating). This enhances both corrosion and UV resistance.
All Duradek gratings (including vinyl ester) are fire-retardant. This means they meet all the requirements of Class 1 on ASTM E-84 and the self-extinguishing requirements of ASTM D-635.
All Duradek gratings will have a UV inhibitor added to the resin. UV coatings remain as an option to be used only when UV inhibitors are not considered adequate for the application.
UV coating is still the best long-term solution to UV exposure.
Now the construction of Duradek more closely parallels the construction of Extren fiberglass pultruded structural shapes.
All Duradek gratings have a new cross-rod spacing of 6 inches center of bearing bar to center of bearing bar. This makes the product more acceptable and gives a higher yield when complex field cutting is required.
Cross-rod spacing (12-inch) is also available with a reduction in price.
Circle 26 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from June 1989 issue
- Campbell Launches Super Pacific Class Tuna Purse Seiner page: 5
- NMEA Schedules 1989 Annual Meeting page: 5
- Allied-Signal Offers Free Literature On Spectra High-Performance Ropes page: 6
- ASTICAN Offers 18-Page Color Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 6
- Navy Commissions Guided Missile Cruiser page: 8
- Navy Christens ACS At Tampa Shipyards page: 9
- Trinity Marine Group Delivers Detroit Diesel-Powered Ferry To Texas Transportation Department page: 12
- Great Lakes Energy Named Supplier Of DDC 6 - 1 1 0 Engine Parts page: 13
- Avondale Christens USS Rushmore, Fourth In Series Of LSDs For USN page: 14
- Wartsila—Turku Shipyard Delivers New Baltic Cruiser 'Athena' page: 14
- 1989 International Maritime Exposition To Expand Its Exhibitor Emphasis page: 15
- Second Tanker With One-Man Bridge Delivered By B & W page: 15
- Marine Gears Introduces 'TR' Series Marine Clutches page: 16
- Marine & Offshore Offers Free Color Brochure On ABB Variable AC Drives page: 18
- SPD Awarded Contract For Integrated Electric Drive System page: 19
- Phillips Cartner Elects Principals And Adds New Staff Members page: 20
- American Marine Completes Refurbishment Of Bulk Cement Carrier page: 20
- MMFG Announces Major Changes For Duradek Fiberglass Grating page: 22
- THE OUTLOOK FOR U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING AND SHIP REPAIR page: 24
- REVIEW OF SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR AT U.S. YARDS page: 28
- A WO In 1989: Tested By Drought And Ready To Face New Challenges page: 42
- REVIEW AND OUTLOOK page: 44
- WORLD SHIPBUILDING page: 46
- ABS PLAYS VITAL ROLE IN OUTSTANDING SAFETY RECORD OF THE GROWING PASSENGER SUB INDUSTRY page: 50
- Fetterolf's Specialty Assembly Valve Eliminates Field-Welding page: 70
- Integrated Bridge Control System Offered By Valmet —Literatured Available page: 70
- AWSC Elects New Officers At Tampa, Fla., Meeting page: 87
- Mackay Communications Wins U.S. N a v y AGOR-23 Electronics Package page: 88
- FMC Issues N e w Brochure On Dynetor Connectors page: 88
- Watercom Installs Payphones On Steamboat page: 89
- Morgan Crane Moves To New Facility In Santa Ana, Calif. page: 91
- SeaTrac Offers Free Color Brochures On Roll-Damping Systems page: 91
- Alpha Diesel Introduces Four-Stroke Medium-Speed Diesel Engine Series page: 92
- Drew Ameroid Helps Shipowners Control High Costs Of Low-Cost Fuels page: 93
- USS Cowpens Launched At BIW for U.S. Navy page: 94
- USNS 'Dutton' Emergency Drydocking At Dakar Marine page: 95
- DOT Regulations Prohibit Dumping Plastics At Sea page: 96
- Seacoast Announces 'J.I.T.' Inventory Management And Distribution System page: 97
- Furuno Offers New Radar For Workboats, Smaller Vessels page: 98
- New Lifesaving Equipment Rules Proposed For Large Commercial Ships page: 98
- Fast Wave-Piercing Catamaran Ferry Ordered For Cross-Channel Route page: 99
- PRMMI Appoints Hayes Port Manager In Baltimore page: 101
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Excellent Maneuverability With Complete Control page: 101
- North American Shipyard Delivers Research Vessel 'Edwin Link' To Harbor Branch Oceanographic page: 101
- S/S Rotterdam To Undergo $10-Million Refurbishment At Northwest Marine page: 102
- U.K.'s Kelvin Hughes To Get Queen's Award For Export Achievement page: 102
- L&C Designs And Installs Dehumidification And Monitoring System For General Cargo Ship page: 107
- VL Logistics Opens New Corporate Headquarters page: 108
- SeaArk Marine Appoints Two New Managers page: 109
- FBM Marine Introduces New Generation Of Fast Catamarans, Ferry Craft And Crewboats page: 112
- Moss Point Delivers Two Cummins-Powered Towboats To Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan page: 112
- Wartsila Diesel Repowering SeaEscape's Cruise Vessel M / V Scandinavian Sun page: 113
- NMHS Offers Literature On Emergency Medical/ Trauma Consultation page: 113