Moss Point Delivers Two Cummins-Powered Towboats To Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan
Moss Point Marine, Inc. of Escatawpa, Miss., recently delivered two 60-foot towboats to the Jordan Ports Corporation of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
The two vessels, the Jaber and the Bayer are part of a five-boat, $13-million U.S. AID (Agency for International Development) contract with the Trinity Marine Group, which includes Moss Point Marine.
The two all-steel towboats are each 60 feet long with a 22-foot beam and 8.5-foot depth.
They are powered by two Cummins KT19-M diesel engines developing a total of 850 bhp.
They are coupled to Twin Disc 518 reverse/ reduction gears and drive four-blade bronze propellers in Kort type nozzles.
Both were built to move barges and lighters to and from ships at anchorage, and two bargemounted derricks for loading and unloading ships and lighters. The towboats also assist in docking ships so they include a forecastle deck, a raised main deck, and a raised, rounded bow for pushing. They are not equipped with towing "knees" common to American towboats.
Moss Point Marine is also building two 106- foot docking tugs as part of the same contract.
A fifth boat in the contract, the 50-foot steel and aluminum pilot boat Husni, was recently delivered by Equitable Shipyards, Inc., New Orleans, La., a sister company to Moss Point Marine in the Trinity Marine Group.
The Trinity Marine Group is owned by Trinity Industries, Inc., Dallas, Texas.
For free literature detailing the shipbuilding services of Moss Point Marine, C i r c l e 5 0 o n Reader S e r v i c e C a rd
Other stories from June 1989 issue
- Campbell Launches Super Pacific Class Tuna Purse Seiner page: 5
- NMEA Schedules 1989 Annual Meeting page: 5
- Allied-Signal Offers Free Literature On Spectra High-Performance Ropes page: 6
- ASTICAN Offers 18-Page Color Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 6
- Navy Commissions Guided Missile Cruiser page: 8
- Navy Christens ACS At Tampa Shipyards page: 9
- Trinity Marine Group Delivers Detroit Diesel-Powered Ferry To Texas Transportation Department page: 12
- Great Lakes Energy Named Supplier Of DDC 6 - 1 1 0 Engine Parts page: 13
- Avondale Christens USS Rushmore, Fourth In Series Of LSDs For USN page: 14
- Wartsila—Turku Shipyard Delivers New Baltic Cruiser 'Athena' page: 14
- 1989 International Maritime Exposition To Expand Its Exhibitor Emphasis page: 15
- Second Tanker With One-Man Bridge Delivered By B & W page: 15
- Marine Gears Introduces 'TR' Series Marine Clutches page: 16
- Marine & Offshore Offers Free Color Brochure On ABB Variable AC Drives page: 18
- SPD Awarded Contract For Integrated Electric Drive System page: 19
- Phillips Cartner Elects Principals And Adds New Staff Members page: 20
- American Marine Completes Refurbishment Of Bulk Cement Carrier page: 20
- MMFG Announces Major Changes For Duradek Fiberglass Grating page: 22
- THE OUTLOOK FOR U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING AND SHIP REPAIR page: 24
- REVIEW OF SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR AT U.S. YARDS page: 28
- A WO In 1989: Tested By Drought And Ready To Face New Challenges page: 42
- REVIEW AND OUTLOOK page: 44
- WORLD SHIPBUILDING page: 46
- ABS PLAYS VITAL ROLE IN OUTSTANDING SAFETY RECORD OF THE GROWING PASSENGER SUB INDUSTRY page: 50
- Fetterolf's Specialty Assembly Valve Eliminates Field-Welding page: 70
- Integrated Bridge Control System Offered By Valmet —Literatured Available page: 70
- AWSC Elects New Officers At Tampa, Fla., Meeting page: 87
- Mackay Communications Wins U.S. N a v y AGOR-23 Electronics Package page: 88
- FMC Issues N e w Brochure On Dynetor Connectors page: 88
- Watercom Installs Payphones On Steamboat page: 89
- Morgan Crane Moves To New Facility In Santa Ana, Calif. page: 91
- SeaTrac Offers Free Color Brochures On Roll-Damping Systems page: 91
- Alpha Diesel Introduces Four-Stroke Medium-Speed Diesel Engine Series page: 92
- Drew Ameroid Helps Shipowners Control High Costs Of Low-Cost Fuels page: 93
- USS Cowpens Launched At BIW for U.S. Navy page: 94
- USNS 'Dutton' Emergency Drydocking At Dakar Marine page: 95
- DOT Regulations Prohibit Dumping Plastics At Sea page: 96
- Seacoast Announces 'J.I.T.' Inventory Management And Distribution System page: 97
- Furuno Offers New Radar For Workboats, Smaller Vessels page: 98
- New Lifesaving Equipment Rules Proposed For Large Commercial Ships page: 98
- Fast Wave-Piercing Catamaran Ferry Ordered For Cross-Channel Route page: 99
- PRMMI Appoints Hayes Port Manager In Baltimore page: 101
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Excellent Maneuverability With Complete Control page: 101
- North American Shipyard Delivers Research Vessel 'Edwin Link' To Harbor Branch Oceanographic page: 101
- S/S Rotterdam To Undergo $10-Million Refurbishment At Northwest Marine page: 102
- U.K.'s Kelvin Hughes To Get Queen's Award For Export Achievement page: 102
- L&C Designs And Installs Dehumidification And Monitoring System For General Cargo Ship page: 107
- VL Logistics Opens New Corporate Headquarters page: 108
- SeaArk Marine Appoints Two New Managers page: 109
- FBM Marine Introduces New Generation Of Fast Catamarans, Ferry Craft And Crewboats page: 112
- Moss Point Delivers Two Cummins-Powered Towboats To Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan page: 112
- Wartsila Diesel Repowering SeaEscape's Cruise Vessel M / V Scandinavian Sun page: 113
- NMHS Offers Literature On Emergency Medical/ Trauma Consultation page: 113