Integrated Bridge Control System Offered By Valmet —Literatured Available
Valmet Automation a.s., Norway, has developed a computer-based, integrated bridge control system for medium- and slow-speed engines.
Based on experience from the integrated automation system, Damatic Marine System, which comprises monitoring and control of main and auxiliary engines, the new bridge control system has been developed according to the same principles with regard to both hardware and software.
The system is called Damatic RC and is currently available in two basic models: Damatic RC-1 for slow-speed engine with fixed propeller; and Damatic RC-2 for medium- speed engine, but also multiengine installations.
Damatic RC is an integrated bridge control system which comprises all controls of the main engine, including safety shutdown system.
In addition, the RC-2 includes a propeller pitch control system.
Damatic RC was developed in close cooperation with one of the world's leading engine manufacturers who has stipulated stringent requirements for performance and quality, and operations and safety during maneuvering of ships. All essential control and safety functions therefore have a built-in "hotbackup" which takes over automatically upon faults in the main system.
The backup system operates like the main system, and has the same functions built in. The opera- | tor, therefore, does not notice any difference when the backup system | takes over. This applies to both the control and shutdown functions.
I Damatic RC is one of the first systems on the market that has this as | standard.
For more information and free lit- Ierature on the new integrated bridge control system from Valmet Automation, Circle 76 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from June 1989 issue
- Campbell Launches Super Pacific Class Tuna Purse Seiner page: 5
- NMEA Schedules 1989 Annual Meeting page: 5
- Allied-Signal Offers Free Literature On Spectra High-Performance Ropes page: 6
- ASTICAN Offers 18-Page Color Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 6
- Navy Commissions Guided Missile Cruiser page: 8
- Navy Christens ACS At Tampa Shipyards page: 9
- Trinity Marine Group Delivers Detroit Diesel-Powered Ferry To Texas Transportation Department page: 12
- Great Lakes Energy Named Supplier Of DDC 6 - 1 1 0 Engine Parts page: 13
- Avondale Christens USS Rushmore, Fourth In Series Of LSDs For USN page: 14
- Wartsila—Turku Shipyard Delivers New Baltic Cruiser 'Athena' page: 14
- 1989 International Maritime Exposition To Expand Its Exhibitor Emphasis page: 15
- Second Tanker With One-Man Bridge Delivered By B & W page: 15
- Marine Gears Introduces 'TR' Series Marine Clutches page: 16
- Marine & Offshore Offers Free Color Brochure On ABB Variable AC Drives page: 18
- SPD Awarded Contract For Integrated Electric Drive System page: 19
- Phillips Cartner Elects Principals And Adds New Staff Members page: 20
- American Marine Completes Refurbishment Of Bulk Cement Carrier page: 20
- MMFG Announces Major Changes For Duradek Fiberglass Grating page: 22
- THE OUTLOOK FOR U.S. NAVY SHIPBUILDING AND SHIP REPAIR page: 24
- REVIEW OF SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR AT U.S. YARDS page: 28
- A WO In 1989: Tested By Drought And Ready To Face New Challenges page: 42
- REVIEW AND OUTLOOK page: 44
- WORLD SHIPBUILDING page: 46
- ABS PLAYS VITAL ROLE IN OUTSTANDING SAFETY RECORD OF THE GROWING PASSENGER SUB INDUSTRY page: 50
- Fetterolf's Specialty Assembly Valve Eliminates Field-Welding page: 70
- Integrated Bridge Control System Offered By Valmet —Literatured Available page: 70
- AWSC Elects New Officers At Tampa, Fla., Meeting page: 87
- Mackay Communications Wins U.S. N a v y AGOR-23 Electronics Package page: 88
- FMC Issues N e w Brochure On Dynetor Connectors page: 88
- Watercom Installs Payphones On Steamboat page: 89
- Morgan Crane Moves To New Facility In Santa Ana, Calif. page: 91
- SeaTrac Offers Free Color Brochures On Roll-Damping Systems page: 91
- Alpha Diesel Introduces Four-Stroke Medium-Speed Diesel Engine Series page: 92
- Drew Ameroid Helps Shipowners Control High Costs Of Low-Cost Fuels page: 93
- USS Cowpens Launched At BIW for U.S. Navy page: 94
- USNS 'Dutton' Emergency Drydocking At Dakar Marine page: 95
- DOT Regulations Prohibit Dumping Plastics At Sea page: 96
- Seacoast Announces 'J.I.T.' Inventory Management And Distribution System page: 97
- Furuno Offers New Radar For Workboats, Smaller Vessels page: 98
- New Lifesaving Equipment Rules Proposed For Large Commercial Ships page: 98
- Fast Wave-Piercing Catamaran Ferry Ordered For Cross-Channel Route page: 99
- PRMMI Appoints Hayes Port Manager In Baltimore page: 101
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Excellent Maneuverability With Complete Control page: 101
- North American Shipyard Delivers Research Vessel 'Edwin Link' To Harbor Branch Oceanographic page: 101
- S/S Rotterdam To Undergo $10-Million Refurbishment At Northwest Marine page: 102
- U.K.'s Kelvin Hughes To Get Queen's Award For Export Achievement page: 102
- L&C Designs And Installs Dehumidification And Monitoring System For General Cargo Ship page: 107
- VL Logistics Opens New Corporate Headquarters page: 108
- SeaArk Marine Appoints Two New Managers page: 109
- FBM Marine Introduces New Generation Of Fast Catamarans, Ferry Craft And Crewboats page: 112
- Moss Point Delivers Two Cummins-Powered Towboats To Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan page: 112
- Wartsila Diesel Repowering SeaEscape's Cruise Vessel M / V Scandinavian Sun page: 113
- NMHS Offers Literature On Emergency Medical/ Trauma Consultation page: 113