John T. Gilbride Named Whitehall Club President

John T. Gilbride, chairman and chief executive officer of Todd Shipyards Corporation, will be installed as the 33rd president of the Whitehall Club on November 21, 1978, at the club's Presidential Ball.

Mr. Gilbride has been a member of the Whitehall Club since 1958. He joined the board of governors at the club in 1966, and in 1974 was elected second vice president.

He became first vice president in 1976.

For many years, Mr. Gilbride has been a leading figure in the maritime industry. He is a staunch advocate of American seapower and a leading spokesman in behalf of the reconstruction of Naval forces and the American merchant marine.

Mr. Gilbride succeeds James J.

Henry, president of J.J. Henry Co., Inc., naval architects, who served as president of the Whitehall Club since 1976.

The Whitehall Club, which was formed in 1910, is one of the outstanding maritime-oriented luncheon clubs in downtown New York City. The club's facilities are located at 17 Battery Place, overlooking lower New York Harbor.

Maritime Reporter Magazine, page 12,  Nov 1978 Dunne Johnson

Read John T. Gilbride Named Whitehall Club President in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of November 1978 Maritime Reporter

Other stories from November 1978 issue

Content

Maritime Reporter

First published in 1881 Maritime Reporter is the world's largest audited circulation publication serving the global maritime industry.